Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Release Day for INK

 At first glance, nothing made the man in the tailored suit memorable—no cleft chin, no razor-sharp cheekbones, no scars. An ordinary face, an unremarkable man, albeit dressed in an expensive suit and a silk tie—the second-best part of being William, in his opinion. He doubted the previous owner, the real William, felt the same.

He moved with a hitching stride, a sort of low-slung walk as if unaccustomed to the fit of the pants. A far from ordinary gait. The city buzzed and hummed around him, but he paid it no mind; he had things to do.

Today is the official release day for Ink. I have a swirl of emotions right now twisting inside me, but I think the most prevalent is one of stunned realization. My story is now available for anyone to buy. Anyone at all.
 
Pre-orders of the paperback shipped early and I had folks Tweet and Facebook photos of their copies, and someone Tweeted yesterday about their favorite books of 2012. Ink was among them. To know that my story left that sort of impact on a reader is amazing.

It's been a crazy, wonderful journey. A huge thank you to everyone who has blogged, Tweeted, Facebooked, emailed, or mentioned the book to a friend to spread the word. I am truly grateful. 

Ink has a Goodreads page if you read it and would like to leave a rating or review. You can also do the same on Amazon.

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the latest review from Nick Cato, which says, "Grintalis' sharp prose and couple of nifty twists gives things a fresh spin. Jason's final confrontation with both Sailor and his living tattoo bring the tale into dark fantasy territory, but at its heart, INK is a solid horror novel and a fine debut from a promising new author." But please be advised that there are spoilers in that review so if you'd prefer to read Ink blind, you might not want to read the whole thing.

Links for purchase:

2 comments:

Marcos Faria said...

Slightly off-topic - I've read Fireside#2 yesterday and loved your story. I had never read anything written by you, now I'm going to read your other stories. And I'm feeling really curious about "Ink". Wish you success!

Damien Walters Grintalis said...

Marcos, thank you very much for letting me know. I'm very glad you enjoyed the story!